Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. More than 50,000 companies — from startups to public companies — around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience ]CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve 50,000+ customers including Bridgestone, Chargebee, DeliveryHero, ITV, Klarna, Multichoice, OfficeMax, TaylorMade and Vice Media.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades including 2019 Startup of the Year form Economic Times, #16 ranking on the Forbes’ Cloud 100 list and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2020. Our suite of products has also been recognized by analysts including the Gartner Magic Quadrants for CRM Customer Engagement, IT Service Management and Sales Force Automation.
While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation.
Freshworks has raised over $400 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose and passion, irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, our communities and our business.
As an Engineer on the Observability team, you will be part of building the data transport,
collection, storage, as well as search and discovery solutions for all metrics and logs collected
at Freshworks. You will have an opportunity to use your strong knowledge of distributed
systems and designing data pipelines to help Freshworks engineers operate real-time systems
at scale. You will be working directly with internal customers on a diverse number of projects
and technologies that are core to Freshworks overall reliability and performance. If you are the
kind of engineer who is passionate about building systems, has a good eye for analysis and
are resourceful enough to work with performance constraints, we want to talk to you.
● Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability,
performance, the efficiency of the system.
● Perform high-level root cause analysis for service interruption, recovery and creating
● Troubleshoot and resolve problems; where the problems can be across the cloud
provider, the software used and any open source technology used.
● Participate in the design and implementation of next-generation systems.
● Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to
support purchasing efforts.
● Implement and support compliance of self and team to Freshworks compliance and
information security processes.
● Exp: 6-9years
● Strong Linux systems knowledge.
● Hands-on programmer and with expertise in data structures and algorithms.
● Experience in writing clean, readable, and maintainable code.
● Experience in troubleshooting complex distributed systems and finding failure scenarios.
● Expertise in Golang and/or Java and understanding of how it impacts
performance/reliability of applications.
●Experience with large-scale distributed systems and in building large-scale performant
systems. Experience in Elasticsearch/Solr is a plus.
● Skilled communicator and have a proven record of leading work across disciplines.
● Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model.