Lead Performance Engineer for Payments?
Razorpay, India’s first Converged Payments Solution company, helps Indian
businesses with comprehensive and innovative solutions built over robust
technology to address the entire length and breadth of the payment journey for
any business. Established in 2014, the company provides tech payment solutions
to over 200,000 businesses. Founded by alumni of IIT Roorkee, Shashank Kumar &
Harshil Mathur, Razorpay is the second Indian company to be a part of Silicon
Valley’s largest tech accelerator, Y Combinator. Marquee investors such as
Tiger Global, Matrix Partners, YCombinator and MasterCard have invested a total
of $31.5 million through Series A & Series B funding. Around 33 angel investors
including Snapdeal, InMobi & Freecharge founders, Visa’s Global Head of
Strategy, Flipkart ex-CPO Punit Soni and internet entrepreneurs & investors
Justin Kan and Tikhon Bernstam have invested in Razorpay’s mission to simplify
payments. Known to be a developer oriented payment gateway, Razorpay focuses on
essentials such as 24×7 support, one-line integration code and superior
About Payments BU
Payments BU’s vision is to simplify and democratise payments, to be at the
forefront of innovation in Payments and to provide the absolute best experience
in digital payments. We are on our journey to become the top player in P2M
payments in India with $100 billion annualized payments volume with 1million
MTUs on our platform. We are developing a highly scalable, performant and
resilient payments platform and applications to help realize this with a team
of world class developers and leaders.?
For behind the scenes details, do check out some of our links:
As part of the performance engineering team, lead the team from the front in
driving short term and long term vision for the organisation. Be the center of
excellence for driving things for the performance engineering group and drive
the performance engineering mindset within the developer community. Help team
members working across the products under Payments to ensure all the aspects of
Performance are considered, measured and tuned. Help the team members in
solving their technical problems and provide guidance for the team members in
A track record of developing/tuning software, and passion for designing and
engineering Performance tests for enterprise software applications over
multiple releases is required.
Excellent communication skills, keen attention to detail, and a passion for
learning new technology and creating high quality, scalable, reliable,
available and performant software.
Should be able to design and implement the next-generation performance
analysis and automation tools.
* Understand complex application architecture, pinpoint problem areas and
highlight areas of performance improvement.
* Ability to bring in short term and long term vision for the team?
* Experience with monitoring, profiling, and diagnostic tools. Identifying
memory leakage, connection issues & Bottleneck problem in the application.
* Experience in identifying bottlenecks and performance tuning and very good
debugging capabilities. Execute and optimize popular benchmarks and load tests.
* Open to open source community
* Experience tuning web services, and/or databases (RDBMS Performance such as
Oracle, MySQL) is a plus?
* Hands on experience in any of the performance testing tools like locust /
Jmeter / K6 / RPT / LoadRunner / Performance Center / NeoLoad / similar tools
* Should be able to gather metrics to benchmark applications performance for
* Track/monitor risks and communicate them to the team in a timely fashion
* Coding experience with Java /JS or any other languages.?
* Hands-on with web protocols, Linux/Unix tools and architecture and with one
or more orchestration, deployment tools, e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform? etc
* Good understanding of protocols of HTTP/HTML, Web Services, DevOps,
profiling, analyzing the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage
Collection and DB Parameters and DB Reports to verify the performance of the
* Experience with Continuous integration with Performance Testing
* You have an analytical and data-driven approach in day-to-day work.
Energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently in a competitive
and fast-paced environment
* Can groom other new team members on similar mindsets
* Should be motivated and self driven
* Worked in a growing start-up environment
* Ability to influence and inspire teams and ability to collaboration with
other teams / team managements
Experience: 6-10 years in performance testing