In 2014, what started as India?s first payment gateway built for Startups is
now one of India?s youngest FinTech unicorns with a $3 Bn valuation and the
single best destination for all things payments and business banking. Razorpay
offers an integrated platform for all things payments and business banking,
helping millions of small and big businesses simplify and accelerate every
aspect of their financial journey.
Today, Razorpay is a 1400 fun bunch of spirited, analytical, and ambitious
folks building the first-of-its-kind technologies for the fintech ecosystem. We
are a bunch of hungry mavericks here to empower 10Mn businesses in their
digital transformation and enhance the payment experience of over 500 million
end consumers in the next twelve months.
And we are just getting started, Would you want to join this club of
thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and challengers?
Who and what of Razorpay
Razorpay is a gathering of folks from various walks of life. We have suave
designers, magical engineers, sales hustlers & calm-as-rock customer champions.
Together we are trying to bring modern technology into the backbone of the
internet and that’s online payments. We believe that someone is doing his/her
job all wrong if our customers have to tear their hair over accepting payments
In three years we have gone from nothing to a full-fledged, modern and robust
converged payments solution. Our customers swear by our tech and UX, and we are
ecstatic to see people enjoy the results of our fanatic focus on making
payments simple and accessible. We provide the smoothest payment experience
that money can buy right now in India. With a marquee list of investors, cash
in bank and a low burn rate, we are here for years to stay, to lead and
demonstrate how payments should be.
All things culture
We treat all our employees as adults. We think that you can do your best with
a freedom to experiment, sense of ownership of your work, license to fail and
when you have peers who care just as much as you about their art. We default to
transparency because everyone can contribute to anything, and it’s only
possible if you get to know what’s going on. We prefer to mingle with the
community through meetups and conferences on topics as broad as daylight. And
at the end of the day, we accept that we are humans, fallible to error,
learning through errors together. After all, there’s comedy in error too.
We believe in having the best tools for the job. We are happy paying
customers of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, GitHub, Principle and
Slack, some of the most important tools in our workflow.
And you are?
Someone who believes that good design has a critical role in solving every
problem. You know design is not just how things look and feel, but also how
every process evolves. Even mundane processes from the daily life can be made
easier with a better design. You love products and have great creative skills.
You want to own and be responsible for designing and driving products to
completion. You religiously follow Buxton?s rule of producing at least 3
alternatives for every design decision. You respect the grid and hate all the
half pixel aligned icons.
Now that you know us and we know you, let’s talk about the culture you can
expect at Razorpay.
Hey designer, what will you get to work on?
As a Design Lead, you will:
* Drive product and design ideation, planning and prioritisation of our
diverse range of products and features
* Drive user research, create detailed user journeys and take appropriate
design decisions backed by user-behaviour and data. Define design strategies by
analyzing data models and derive best practices within the team.
* Work closely with cross-disciplinary teams including Product, Engineering,
Marketing and various Business teams to deliver delightful customer experiences.
* Strategize, develop, and extend the visual design systems and pattern
libraries by coming up with new and innovative solutions which suit the
* Lead creative and holistic thinking across our diverse products and conduct
design reviews and status meetings as needed.
* Provide thought leadership on usability and user-centered design
principles. Evangelise design within and outside the organisation.
* Actively take part in hiring and take part in recruiting the best talent
required for the team.
* Brainstorm and create new directions that Razorpay can take in our quest to
make payments easy and accessible to all.
* Effectively manage, mentor and inspire a team of designers. Help the team
in raising the bar, resolving blockers, prioritising and breaking down complex
projects into simpler tasks. What do we expect from you?
* At least 5 years of experience in designing digital products.
* Experience in leading a team of designers.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development processes
* Keen in understanding short and long-term goals of the product and business.
* Excellent understanding of behavioural analytics and you go by data-driven
* A good understanding of Frontend principles to guide the team from an
engineering point of view.
* Keen in applying user research, user-needs validation and usability
* Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to clearly
articulate design decisions to the team and leadership.
* Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and
ship new features Apart from these, it would be great to have few of the
following as well, but we accept that you can be an absolutely great designer
even without these:
* Video editing skills, experience with Motion Designing.
* Experience with Print Design, illustrations and iconography
* Some hands-on experience with Frontend, Programming, API Integration and
* Experience with various analytics tools like Mixpanel, Amplitude, New
Relic, Localytics, etc .