Flipkart is India’s largest e-commerce marketplace with a registered customer base of over 150 million. In the 10 years since we started, Flipkart has come to offer over 100 million products across 120+ categories including Smartphones, Books, Media, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Launched in October 2007, Flipkart is known for its path-breaking services like Cash-onDelivery, No-Cost-EMI and 10-day replacement policy. Flipkart was the pioneer in offering services like In-a-Day Guarantee (65 cities) and Same-Day-Guarantee (13 cities) at scale. With over 1,20,000 registered sellers, Flipkart has redefined the way brands and MSME’s do business online.
About the role
Engineering Managers (EMs) lead teams of diverse groups of people who are moving towards realizing Flipkart’s vision. They are responsible for building high-performing teams where each team member feels the impact of their work. EMs also set the direction for the team and support people in their career growth.
They ensure that the teams have an inspiring vision for the future. The teams work on a spectrum of products and platforms which power Flipkart. EMs provide technical leadership to identify and define the right component/system abstractions/capabilities for current/future product/platform asks. One of the key responsibilities of an EM is to understand business goals and contribute to product strategy and take accountability for moving key business metrics. They are also responsible for driving execution using agile methodologies by removing impediments along the way with the big picture in mind.
What you’ll do:
● Build, lead, develop and coach teams of top technical talent
● Drive strategy and vision in collaboration with Product
● Manage diverse stakeholders and drive project execution using agile methodologies
● Build scalable and reliable technology solutions at a rapid pace
What you’ll need:
● B.E/B.Tech or any other similar qualification with experience as a tech leader and people manager for at least 9+ years
● Experience of managing teams and delivering high-quality projects on time
● Experience with building, developing and coaching teams of best technical talent in the Industry
● Experience with managing diverse teams and delivering high-quality projects on time
● Deep understanding of technology and architecture in a highly scalable and available setup ● Experience with new open source technologies and their adoption into product development etc.
● Experience with new open source technologies and their adoption into product
Product Thinking, People management, project management execution, Stakeholder management, Ownership and accountability of project delivery